Carl Vogtmann Photography
All photographs were made by Carl Vogtmann using medium format equipment and available light. Panorama photos were made with the Noblex camera using medium format film while the square format photos were made with Hasselblad cameras also with medium format film. All prints were made in the darkroom using traditional materials and techniques by Carl Vogtmann. None of the images or prints were created digitally. All prints are processed using archival materials and techniques for maximum image permanence. The differences between the 'Collector' and 'Fine Art' series prints are detailed below.
See the individual listing pages for the sizes a print is available in. Certain prints are also available in larger sizes not shown on the listing page. See the 'Prices' page for exact dimensions of the various sizes and their prices.
Collector Series Prints
- Printed on resin coated paper (RC)
- RC paper is quicker and easier to print resulting in a lower selling price
- Collector series prints are made in open editions
- 11" and larger prints are drymounted with a hot press onto four-ply archival solid core acid-free wood pulp board
- 8" and smaller matted prints are mounted with archival tape onto two-ply archival solid core acid-free wood pulp board
- Back and front mats are hinged with archical self adhesive tape
- Front (window) mats are made from four-ply archival solid core acid-free wood pulp board. The mat is cut so the mat overlaps the photo by about 1/16"
- 11" and larger matted photos are signed in pencil on both the board it is mounted on and the window mat
- 8" matted prints are signed in ink below the print and in pencil on the front of the mat
- 8", 11", and 14" unmatted prints are signed below the print in ink. They are packaged with but not attached to an archival backing board
Fine Art Prints
- Printed on fiber based paper (FB)
- FB paper is the traditional choice for museum quality prints
- Fine Art series prints are made in limited editions of 50 and individually numbered
- Fine Art prints are drymounted with a hot press onto four-ply archival solid core 100% rag mat board
- Back and front mats are hinged with water activated linen tape
- Front (window) mats are made from the same material as the back mat. The mat is cut so the entire photo is exposed with a 1/4" border of the back mat board around it
- The photo is signed in pencil on the board it is mounted on